February 21, 2023 | 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm, Pacific |In person
Hosted by Orange County Chapter
One thing is for sure, you can never get bored as a tax preparer! With new laws coming from all directions all through the year (and sometimes in the middle of tax season) it can feel like a game of whack-a-mole trying to keep up with them all! We'll run down the biggest changes impacting California taxes and review new legislation, including PTET, NEW CA penalty abatement, what IS happening with that student loan forgiveness, and a whole lot more!
1) Understand CA impact of legislation from the last several years.
Learning Level Basic
2) Review residency rules and discuss impact of remote work on state tax filings.
3) Discuss new and proposed legislation for CA returns.
Prerequisites & Advance Preparation None
Speaker Shannon Hall, EA
CTEC: 2 hours California Taxes | CA Bar: 1.75 hours Taxation Law | CPA CA: 2 hours Taxes
Member: $55.00 | Non-Member: $65.00 until Monday, February 20th
Member: $65.00 | Non-Member: $85.00 Day of the Event
Santa Ana Elks Lodge
1751 S Elk Lane
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(Registration at the door is permitted but meals will be limited to availability if not pre-registered)
Menu options include:
- Black Angus Rib Eye Steak cooked medium rare with butter and parsley potatoes and vegetables
- Grilled Salmon stuffed with crab and shrimp meats, butter and parsley potatoes and vegetables
- Chicken Piccata with couscous and vegetables
- Gluten Free – a grilled black bean and corn “patty” grilled veggies balsamic drizzle
Please contact the host Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org for refund/cancellation policies related to this event.