1) What should I do if the session I would like to attend is full?
CSEA suggests that you arrive at the designated meeting room at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session to obtain a seat. Be sure to note alternate sessions you would like to attend during a particular time slot in the event your first choice is full. All session rooms are intended to help foster a creative learning environment and are set to the maximum number of seats allowed per the fire marshal.
2) Can I video and/or audio record the education sessions?
Video and/or audio recording of any educational sessions by Super Seminar attendees is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from both CSEA and the session speaker.
3) Can I leave my personal belongings in the meeting room(s) at breaks/lunch/overnight?
CSEA strongly encourages all attendees to keep their personal belongings with them at all times. CSEAS is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen items including but not limited to personal belongings and education session materials.
4) The meeting rooms are always cold.
Many meeting facilities can have wide variations in temperatures, which may be out of CSEA's immediate control. Therefore, you may wish to dress in layers so you are comfortable regardless of the room you are in.
1) How will I receive my session materials?
All session materials will be provided electronically as searchable/printable PDFs. You will receive materials for every session offered regardless of the sessions you choose to go to. Session materials will be available for download in mid-June and will also be available on the Seminar App. Additionally, you will receive a flash-drive containing all materials when you pick up your badge and registration packet onsite.
2) Will I be able to order hard copies of the session materials?
You will not be able to order had copies of the session materials - while we have offered this service in the past, the exorbitant costs associated with printing hard copy materials is cost prohibitive.
1) Why do I have to scan my badge before each session begins?
We utilize badge scanning technology to accurately track and verify attendance in order to issue CE credit and CE certificates for attendees who are Enrolled Agents (EAs), CTEC Registered Tax Preparers (CRTPs) and Certified Financial Planners (CFPs). Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and Attorneys self-report.
2) What if I scan into one session and decide I want to go to another one?
Scan your badge into the session you want to go to - you will receive credit for the last session you scanned into.
3) What if i enter a session meeting room late and the badge scanner is turned off?
There will be a clipboard where you can write your name and the time you arrived.